News about Bungie's upcoming title Destiny is coming in thick and fast now that IGN have opened the floodgates. As well as concept art surfacing, and Bungie releasing the first ViDoc for the game (see below), a tranche of previews have been published by a number of big gaming sites.
The most headline-grabbing statements revolve around the prospective release list. It's been confirmed that Destiny is heading to both the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360. It's also headed to “future generation technology” according to VG24/7 (i.e. the much-rumoured new consoles that are in the pipeline from Sony and Microsoft. Whether Destiny is set to release on both or just one of them is still unclear).
What is clear, however, is that Destiny will not be coming to the PC because "We made the game (Halo) run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo ’cause nobody wants to," said Bungie’s Jason Jones. Owch. That quote is not going to go down well.
Some game-related details have also been revealed, but no gameplay has yet been shown. Here's a brief run-down of what we know (or at least what Bungie and co are promising):
- At its core it's a science fiction shooter, but it supposedly offers "unprecedented variety of FPS gameplay that redefines the genre".
- It has MMO features and requires an always-on internet connection (the game world is a 'living world'), though it will not have a subscription fee and it is not an MMO.
- Destiny features persistent online hubs and sandbox elements.
- There are at least three classes - Titan, Hunter and Warlock.
- Character and gear customisation is a key priority.
- There will be no cross-platform play between PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- The story covers various solar system locations, including Mars and the moon. It's a dark story but 'there is hope'.
- Takes place after humanity's mysterious downfall. You play as a 'defender of the city', the last safe haven for humankind, which is under siege by deadly alien foes.
9 days ago
Earlier this year it was announced that Sony had managed to get exclusive rights to Destiny in Japan. Now, news has emerged that Batman: Arkham Knight...
11 days ago
Customers who purchase Destiny for previous gen consoles - the PS3 or Xbox 360 - will be able to upgrade to the current gen version for free, Bungie have...
Bungie have announced that any progress made within the Destiny Beta will be wiped before the full retail release of the game this September. Players...
It looks like retailers have taken on far too many Destiny pre-orders for various special editions than they'll have supply for. Wal-Mart cancelled a tranche...
Since last November gamers have been clamoring for white versions of Sony and Microsoft’s new consoles. At E3, Sony revealed their Destiny bundle, which...
Pokemon X & Y released worldwide on Saturday to the joy of millions - 4 million of whom purchased the game within the first two days. However, some of...
6 hours ago
The Call of Duty series began life as a gritty WWII shooter notable at the time for its serious and intense depiction of warfare. Over the years as the...
14 hours ago
Mobile developers TinyCo, the company behind Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, have been found to have improperly collected the data of its users, many...
4 days ago
Techland have announced that their upcoming zombie survival action/adventure game, Dying Light, will be released this January 27th in North America, and...
15 hours ago
The wait between Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne is going to be short for everyone worldwide. Sony have announced that the highly anticipated game Bloodborne...
3 days ago
8 Ball Pool Hack http://gamezterror.com/8-ball-pool-hack/ FEATURES: * Free POOL COINS * FREE CASH * Add all Cues * Add all Tables * Unlimited Overall...