And we're go!
- Things kick off with a typical E3-style PlayStation trailer.
- Andrew House takes to the stage, delivers lots of PR speak (House loves buzzwords!). Plugging Vita, PSN and the PlayStation brand in general.
- And now PlayStation 4 gets its first mention! Phew! House says presentation will take up two hours.
- PS4 will 'allow developers to explore' more flexible business models. Lots of focus on being developer-friendly.
- Lead system architect introduced - Mark Cerny - he's been working on this process for about five years. His focus here seems to be on interactivity and inter-connectivity.
- Specs: Supercharged PC architecture, X86 CPU, Enhanced PC GPU, 8GB Unified Memory, Local HDD.
- DualShock 4 shown off. Looks similar to (but better than) those leaks we've been seeing. There is indeed a touchscreen.
- Epic's Unreal Engine 4 shown off in real-time. Havok physics engine also demonstrated.
- Cerny introduces a trailer for the title he's been working on. It's called Knack.
- Background real-time downloading, simple gameplay video uploads, real time spectating of others' games, new friends network. In general much more integrated and personalised experience.
- Next speaker is up - David Perry, CEO of Gaikai. Naturally this means Gaikai cloud tech will be on PS4.
- You'll be able to play games straight away when browsing the PlayStation Store - instant access and experience.
- Facebook and USTREAM integrated.
- The 'Share' button on the PS4 controller will allow you to livestream your gameplay. Gamers will be given casting abilities.
- Remote play built into the PS4 (i.e. BUY A PS VITA!)
- Lots of PSN services touted - Netflix, Hulu, MLB, Crackle, Amazon, PS+ (naturally), and more.
- Gaikai backwards compatibility (streaming) confirmed. PS4 itself will not be BC however.
- These cloud services will be rolled out gradually.
- Now there's a montage trailer. Developers praising the ideas behind the PS4.
- Next speaker - Michael Denny. He in turn introduces Geurrilla Games (Killzone).
- Killzone Shadow Fall trailer. Lots of gif material here; very pretty and detailed (also - yey, colours!). Lots of gameplay footage.
- Next game trailer. It's a racer from Evolution Studios (of MotorStorm fame) - Drive Club. 'The game we've always wanted to make'. Team-based racing. Painstakingly detailed recreation of car models. And now we see some gameplay.
- Now a political broadcast on behalf of the Sony Freedom Party.
- It's actually a guy (Nate Fox?) talking about Sucker Punch's latest exclusive - Second Son - which is for the PS4. Seems to be about people who have superhuman abilities who are fighting for their freedom from oppressive government, or something along those lines (very next-gen inFAMOUS-y).
- Indie gaming now. Jonathan Blow (of Braid fame) is introduced. He's working on a new game - it's actually The Witness - for the PS4 (the word exclusive was used, though from the words used it suggests just timed).
7 days ago
Media Molecule’s Tearaway holds a special place in our hearts here at gamrReview. The game managed to win both our Vita Game of the Year and Best Game...
14 days ago
A lawsuit has been filed against Sony Computer Entertainment America by Californian resident Douglas Ladore over the PlayStation 4 game Killzone: Shadow...
20 days ago
In the most recent issue of Edge, the magazine interviews Sean Murray, one of the creators of No Man's Sky. He confirms that a PC version will launch,...
27 days ago
Bungie have announced that, as of yesterday, anyone can now access the Destiny Beta on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4, regardless of whether customers...
Media Molecule have released a teaser trailer for their upcoming PlayStation 4 project. The trippy, and even slightly creepy, trailer doesn't really tell...
Last year, mentions of both Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 were found in Valve documentation. Now it seems one former employee is confirming both games...
Pokemon X & Y released worldwide on Saturday to the joy of millions - 4 million of whom purchased the game within the first two days. However, some of...
6 days ago
Housemarque have just announced their next title - Alienation - after months of teasing. The Finnish studio is continuing its recent trend of developing...
As new Pokemon games are released, older generations have been remade and re-released along with them. Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green released for Game...
7 days ago
In preparing for The Sims 4's release this September, EA have released their Create-A-Sim demo which allows users to create their own Sim before the game's...
6 days ago
Meta Knight will be in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, it has been confirmed. Meta Knight's previous appearances in the Smash Bros. games were controversial,...