And we're go!
- Things kick off with a typical E3-style PlayStation trailer.
- Andrew House takes to the stage, delivers lots of PR speak (House loves buzzwords!). Plugging Vita, PSN and the PlayStation brand in general.
- And now PlayStation 4 gets its first mention! Phew! House says presentation will take up two hours.
- PS4 will 'allow developers to explore' more flexible business models. Lots of focus on being developer-friendly.
- Lead system architect introduced - Mark Cerny - he's been working on this process for about five years. His focus here seems to be on interactivity and inter-connectivity.
- Specs: Supercharged PC architecture, X86 CPU, Enhanced PC GPU, 8GB Unified Memory, Local HDD.
- DualShock 4 shown off. Looks similar to (but better than) those leaks we've been seeing. There is indeed a touchscreen.
- Epic's Unreal Engine 4 shown off in real-time. Havok physics engine also demonstrated.
- Cerny introduces a trailer for the title he's been working on. It's called Knack.
- Background real-time downloading, simple gameplay video uploads, real time spectating of others' games, new friends network. In general much more integrated and personalised experience.
- Next speaker is up - David Perry, CEO of Gaikai. Naturally this means Gaikai cloud tech will be on PS4.
- You'll be able to play games straight away when browsing the PlayStation Store - instant access and experience.
- Facebook and USTREAM integrated.
- The 'Share' button on the PS4 controller will allow you to livestream your gameplay. Gamers will be given casting abilities.
- Remote play built into the PS4 (i.e. BUY A PS VITA!)
- Lots of PSN services touted - Netflix, Hulu, MLB, Crackle, Amazon, PS+ (naturally), and more.
- Gaikai backwards compatibility (streaming) confirmed. PS4 itself will not be BC however.
- These cloud services will be rolled out gradually.
- Now there's a montage trailer. Developers praising the ideas behind the PS4.
- Next speaker - Michael Denny. He in turn introduces Geurrilla Games (Killzone).
- Killzone Shadow Fall trailer. Lots of gif material here; very pretty and detailed (also - yey, colours!). Lots of gameplay footage.
- Next game trailer. It's a racer from Evolution Studios (of MotorStorm fame) - Drive Club. 'The game we've always wanted to make'. Team-based racing. Painstakingly detailed recreation of car models. And now we see some gameplay.
- Now a political broadcast on behalf of the Sony Freedom Party.
- It's actually a guy (Nate Fox?) talking about Sucker Punch's latest exclusive - Second Son - which is for the PS4. Seems to be about people who have superhuman abilities who are fighting for their freedom from oppressive government, or something along those lines (very next-gen inFAMOUS-y).
- Indie gaming now. Jonathan Blow (of Braid fame) is introduced. He's working on a new game - it's actually The Witness - for the PS4 (the word exclusive was used, though from the words used it suggests just timed).
2 days ago
Grand Theft Auto V will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this November 18th, Rockstar has announced, with the PC version being delayed until January...
5 days ago
Ubisoft have released a new video which demonstrates one of the core new game types you can play in Assassin's Creed Unity: Co-op Heists. Heist missions...
7 days ago
Earlier this year it was announced that Sony had managed to get exclusive rights to Destiny in Japan. Now, news has emerged that Batman: Arkham Knight...
17 days ago
At their PAX Panel today, Volition (the creators of the Saints Row and Red Faction franchises) announced a new standalone DLC for Saints Row IV, called...
21 days ago
Since May of this year, Nintendo has no longer been selling its Wii U hardware at a loss. This has led to speculation that the company will issue an official...
5 days ago
Mojang’s Minecraft caught the entire gaming industry by surprise when it became a cult hit and sold at an incredible rate even before it officially released....
3 days ago
WARFRAME Hack http://gamezterror.com/warframe-hack/ WARFRAME Hack FEATURES: * CHAMS * WALLHACK * WIREFRAME * GOD MODE * NO RELOAD *NO RECOIL * UNLOCK...
2 days ago
Techland have announced that their upcoming zombie survival action/adventure game, Dying Light, will be released this January 27th in North America, and...
1 day ago
Security researcher Michael Jordon has managed to hack a Canon Pixma printer so that it can run the original DOOM. The hack took four months to complete...
2 days ago
The latest entry in Capcom's survival horror series, Resident Evil, is taking the series in a different direction. Resident Evil Revelations 2 will offer...
2 days ago
Nintendo Europe has announced another Nintendo 3DS promotion whereby customers will be able to claim one free game if they purchase and register at Club...