And we're go!
- Things kick off with a typical E3-style PlayStation trailer.
- Andrew House takes to the stage, delivers lots of PR speak (House loves buzzwords!). Plugging Vita, PSN and the PlayStation brand in general.
- And now PlayStation 4 gets its first mention! Phew! House says presentation will take up two hours.
- PS4 will 'allow developers to explore' more flexible business models. Lots of focus on being developer-friendly.
- Lead system architect introduced - Mark Cerny - he's been working on this process for about five years. His focus here seems to be on interactivity and inter-connectivity.
- Specs: Supercharged PC architecture, X86 CPU, Enhanced PC GPU, 8GB Unified Memory, Local HDD.
- DualShock 4 shown off. Looks similar to (but better than) those leaks we've been seeing. There is indeed a touchscreen.
- Epic's Unreal Engine 4 shown off in real-time. Havok physics engine also demonstrated.
- Cerny introduces a trailer for the title he's been working on. It's called Knack.
- Background real-time downloading, simple gameplay video uploads, real time spectating of others' games, new friends network. In general much more integrated and personalised experience.
- Next speaker is up - David Perry, CEO of Gaikai. Naturally this means Gaikai cloud tech will be on PS4.
- You'll be able to play games straight away when browsing the PlayStation Store - instant access and experience.
- Facebook and USTREAM integrated.
- The 'Share' button on the PS4 controller will allow you to livestream your gameplay. Gamers will be given casting abilities.
- Remote play built into the PS4 (i.e. BUY A PS VITA!)
- Lots of PSN services touted - Netflix, Hulu, MLB, Crackle, Amazon, PS+ (naturally), and more.
- Gaikai backwards compatibility (streaming) confirmed. PS4 itself will not be BC however.
- These cloud services will be rolled out gradually.
- Now there's a montage trailer. Developers praising the ideas behind the PS4.
- Next speaker - Michael Denny. He in turn introduces Geurrilla Games (Killzone).
- Killzone Shadow Fall trailer. Lots of gif material here; very pretty and detailed (also - yey, colours!). Lots of gameplay footage.
- Next game trailer. It's a racer from Evolution Studios (of MotorStorm fame) - Drive Club. 'The game we've always wanted to make'. Team-based racing. Painstakingly detailed recreation of car models. And now we see some gameplay.
- Now a political broadcast on behalf of the Sony Freedom Party.
- It's actually a guy (Nate Fox?) talking about Sucker Punch's latest exclusive - Second Son - which is for the PS4. Seems to be about people who have superhuman abilities who are fighting for their freedom from oppressive government, or something along those lines (very next-gen inFAMOUS-y).
- Indie gaming now. Jonathan Blow (of Braid fame) is introduced. He's working on a new game - it's actually The Witness - for the PS4 (the word exclusive was used, though from the words used it suggests just timed).
20 hours ago
Speaking with Eurogamer, Slightly Mad Studios' Andy Tudor has stated that the developer is aiming to hit 1080p and 60 FPS for Project Cars on both the...
6 days ago
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD has experienced a strange transformation in the period from its initial announcement to its impending release on Western shores....
9 days ago
Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- debuted in Japanese arcades in February of this year. The game will be making its console debut on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation...
16 days ago
Grand Theft Auto V will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this November 18th, Rockstar has announced, with the PC version being delayed until January...
20 days ago
Ubisoft have released a new video which demonstrates one of the core new game types you can play in Assassin's Creed Unity: Co-op Heists. Heist missions...
6 days ago
The Xbox One console has received a price cut in the UK. It will now set you back £329 ($539). The price cut is a UK-only move, with Microsoft explaining...
9 days ago
Terrorist organisation ISIS have used Grand Theft Auto in their latest video. A rough translation of the video reads: "Your games which are producing...
8 days ago
Gamers have found a new player vs player playlist and a new planet buried in Destiny's source code. The playlist is called Tales of Osiris and will take...
6 days ago
Patch 6.82 has just been released for Dota 2. Also known as the 'Rekindling Soul' update, it brings with it the most fundamental set of changes to the...
7 days ago
Ubisoft revealed today Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, an entirely new downloadable Assassin's Creed game, featuring 2.5 side-scrolling gameplay and...
16 minutes ago
Unfortunately I'm about to be the bearer of bad news. I had been very excited for Alien: Isolation but after managing to play it at EGX 2014 I must admit...