And we're go!
- Things kick off with a typical E3-style PlayStation trailer.
- Andrew House takes to the stage, delivers lots of PR speak (House loves buzzwords!). Plugging Vita, PSN and the PlayStation brand in general.
- And now PlayStation 4 gets its first mention! Phew! House says presentation will take up two hours.
- PS4 will 'allow developers to explore' more flexible business models. Lots of focus on being developer-friendly.
- Lead system architect introduced - Mark Cerny - he's been working on this process for about five years. His focus here seems to be on interactivity and inter-connectivity.
- Specs: Supercharged PC architecture, X86 CPU, Enhanced PC GPU, 8GB Unified Memory, Local HDD.
- DualShock 4 shown off. Looks similar to (but better than) those leaks we've been seeing. There is indeed a touchscreen.
- Epic's Unreal Engine 4 shown off in real-time. Havok physics engine also demonstrated.
- Cerny introduces a trailer for the title he's been working on. It's called Knack.
- Background real-time downloading, simple gameplay video uploads, real time spectating of others' games, new friends network. In general much more integrated and personalised experience.
- Next speaker is up - David Perry, CEO of Gaikai. Naturally this means Gaikai cloud tech will be on PS4.
- You'll be able to play games straight away when browsing the PlayStation Store - instant access and experience.
- Facebook and USTREAM integrated.
- The 'Share' button on the PS4 controller will allow you to livestream your gameplay. Gamers will be given casting abilities.
- Remote play built into the PS4 (i.e. BUY A PS VITA!)
- Lots of PSN services touted - Netflix, Hulu, MLB, Crackle, Amazon, PS+ (naturally), and more.
- Gaikai backwards compatibility (streaming) confirmed. PS4 itself will not be BC however.
- These cloud services will be rolled out gradually.
- Now there's a montage trailer. Developers praising the ideas behind the PS4.
- Next speaker - Michael Denny. He in turn introduces Geurrilla Games (Killzone).
- Killzone Shadow Fall trailer. Lots of gif material here; very pretty and detailed (also - yey, colours!). Lots of gameplay footage.
- Next game trailer. It's a racer from Evolution Studios (of MotorStorm fame) - Drive Club. 'The game we've always wanted to make'. Team-based racing. Painstakingly detailed recreation of car models. And now we see some gameplay.
- Now a political broadcast on behalf of the Sony Freedom Party.
- It's actually a guy (Nate Fox?) talking about Sucker Punch's latest exclusive - Second Son - which is for the PS4. Seems to be about people who have superhuman abilities who are fighting for their freedom from oppressive government, or something along those lines (very next-gen inFAMOUS-y).
- Indie gaming now. Jonathan Blow (of Braid fame) is introduced. He's working on a new game - it's actually The Witness - for the PS4 (the word exclusive was used, though from the words used it suggests just timed).
3 days ago
Since May of this year, Nintendo has no longer been selling its Wii U hardware at a loss. This has led to speculation that the company will issue an official...
3 days ago
According to a survey conducted by the analytics firm Nielsen, one-third of current PlayStation 4 owners switched to the Sony console from Microsoft's...
3 days ago
Microsoft have removed free-to-play game Ascend: Hand of Kul from the Xbox marketplace, but apparently they did so without informing the developer, Signal...
15 days ago
Media Molecule’s Tearaway holds a special place in our hearts here at gamrReview. The game managed to win both our Vita Game of the Year and Best Game...
21 days ago
A lawsuit has been filed against Sony Computer Entertainment America by Californian resident Douglas Ladore over the PlayStation 4 game Killzone: Shadow...
1 day ago
Sadly, August and the summer are both coming to a close, but all is not lost. The end of the month also brings with it news of the next batch of free games...
2 days ago
A new week is upon us once again, so of course that means a new This Week on Steam! Here's the best of what Steam has to offer this upcoming week. This...
1 day ago
Gauntlet, the remake of the popular 1985 Atari game, will be coming to Steam on September 23rd, publisher Warner Bros. has announced. Whilst the game...
1 day ago
Dragon Age: Inquisition, the third game in the epic Dragon Age RPG series, is set to have a co-op mode, developers BioWare have announced. The co-op...
4 days ago
Following the petition from fans last week and an official statement from Blizzard that they'd commemorate Robin Williams in World of Warcraft, Wowhead.com...
1 day ago
Microsoft have announced that a demo for their upcoming racer, Forza Horizon 2, will be arriving on Xbox One two weeks before its release date (so that...