And we're go!
- Things kick off with a typical E3-style PlayStation trailer.
- Andrew House takes to the stage, delivers lots of PR speak (House loves buzzwords!). Plugging Vita, PSN and the PlayStation brand in general.
- And now PlayStation 4 gets its first mention! Phew! House says presentation will take up two hours.
- PS4 will 'allow developers to explore' more flexible business models. Lots of focus on being developer-friendly.
- Lead system architect introduced - Mark Cerny - he's been working on this process for about five years. His focus here seems to be on interactivity and inter-connectivity.
- Specs: Supercharged PC architecture, X86 CPU, Enhanced PC GPU, 8GB Unified Memory, Local HDD.
- DualShock 4 shown off. Looks similar to (but better than) those leaks we've been seeing. There is indeed a touchscreen.
- Epic's Unreal Engine 4 shown off in real-time. Havok physics engine also demonstrated.
- Cerny introduces a trailer for the title he's been working on. It's called Knack.
- Background real-time downloading, simple gameplay video uploads, real time spectating of others' games, new friends network. In general much more integrated and personalised experience.
- Next speaker is up - David Perry, CEO of Gaikai. Naturally this means Gaikai cloud tech will be on PS4.
- You'll be able to play games straight away when browsing the PlayStation Store - instant access and experience.
- Facebook and USTREAM integrated.
- The 'Share' button on the PS4 controller will allow you to livestream your gameplay. Gamers will be given casting abilities.
- Remote play built into the PS4 (i.e. BUY A PS VITA!)
- Lots of PSN services touted - Netflix, Hulu, MLB, Crackle, Amazon, PS+ (naturally), and more.
- Gaikai backwards compatibility (streaming) confirmed. PS4 itself will not be BC however.
- These cloud services will be rolled out gradually.
- Now there's a montage trailer. Developers praising the ideas behind the PS4.
- Next speaker - Michael Denny. He in turn introduces Geurrilla Games (Killzone).
- Killzone Shadow Fall trailer. Lots of gif material here; very pretty and detailed (also - yey, colours!). Lots of gameplay footage.
- Next game trailer. It's a racer from Evolution Studios (of MotorStorm fame) - Drive Club. 'The game we've always wanted to make'. Team-based racing. Painstakingly detailed recreation of car models. And now we see some gameplay.
- Now a political broadcast on behalf of the Sony Freedom Party.
- It's actually a guy (Nate Fox?) talking about Sucker Punch's latest exclusive - Second Son - which is for the PS4. Seems to be about people who have superhuman abilities who are fighting for their freedom from oppressive government, or something along those lines (very next-gen inFAMOUS-y).
- Indie gaming now. Jonathan Blow (of Braid fame) is introduced. He's working on a new game - it's actually The Witness - for the PS4 (the word exclusive was used, though from the words used it suggests just timed).
5 days ago
Bungie have announced that, as of yesterday, anyone can now access the Destiny Beta on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4, regardless of whether customers...
9 days ago
Media Molecule have released a teaser trailer for their upcoming PlayStation 4 project. The trippy, and even slightly creepy, trailer doesn't really tell...
22 days ago
Home consoles are not what they once were in the Land of the Rising Sun. Handheld gaming systems have been Japan’s preferred method of play since last...
Motovo Blog collected Facebook data to provide a mock-up of what the United States electoral votes would look like... if PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were...
The Golf Club is a new golfing simulator that seeks to be the definitive golf experience on the newest generation of consoles. I got the chance to hit...
7 hours ago
The official Watch Dogs Twitter account recently teased the following image: The obvious conclusion to be drawn from it is that Camden, New Jersey would...
5 days ago
Back at E3 in June, BioWare hinted at a brand new IP. Now they've released a trailer for it. The trailer is titled "Nightmare" and can be seen below: It's...
6 days ago
With only three weeks left before Hyrule Warriors releases in Japan, Koei Tecmo have given us an Ocarina of Time-themed news update. They have announced...
2 days ago
It has been revealed that each planet in Destiny will only have one playable area to explore - at launch, at any rate. This was announced by Bungie during...
7 hours ago
Things haven’t been going swimmingly for Crytek over the last few months. Some of these troubles include big name employees leaving for other developers...
2 days ago
With Comic Con in full swing in San Diego, BioWare have shown off a few more details for their upcoming Mass Effect 4. The game will feature the Mako land...