And we're go!
- Things kick off with a typical E3-style PlayStation trailer.
- Andrew House takes to the stage, delivers lots of PR speak (House loves buzzwords!). Plugging Vita, PSN and the PlayStation brand in general.
- And now PlayStation 4 gets its first mention! Phew! House says presentation will take up two hours.
- PS4 will 'allow developers to explore' more flexible business models. Lots of focus on being developer-friendly.
- Lead system architect introduced - Mark Cerny - he's been working on this process for about five years. His focus here seems to be on interactivity and inter-connectivity.
- Specs: Supercharged PC architecture, X86 CPU, Enhanced PC GPU, 8GB Unified Memory, Local HDD.
- DualShock 4 shown off. Looks similar to (but better than) those leaks we've been seeing. There is indeed a touchscreen.
- Epic's Unreal Engine 4 shown off in real-time. Havok physics engine also demonstrated.
- Cerny introduces a trailer for the title he's been working on. It's called Knack.
- Background real-time downloading, simple gameplay video uploads, real time spectating of others' games, new friends network. In general much more integrated and personalised experience.
- Next speaker is up - David Perry, CEO of Gaikai. Naturally this means Gaikai cloud tech will be on PS4.
- You'll be able to play games straight away when browsing the PlayStation Store - instant access and experience.
- Facebook and USTREAM integrated.
- The 'Share' button on the PS4 controller will allow you to livestream your gameplay. Gamers will be given casting abilities.
- Remote play built into the PS4 (i.e. BUY A PS VITA!)
- Lots of PSN services touted - Netflix, Hulu, MLB, Crackle, Amazon, PS+ (naturally), and more.
- Gaikai backwards compatibility (streaming) confirmed. PS4 itself will not be BC however.
- These cloud services will be rolled out gradually.
- Now there's a montage trailer. Developers praising the ideas behind the PS4.
- Next speaker - Michael Denny. He in turn introduces Geurrilla Games (Killzone).
- Killzone Shadow Fall trailer. Lots of gif material here; very pretty and detailed (also - yey, colours!). Lots of gameplay footage.
- Next game trailer. It's a racer from Evolution Studios (of MotorStorm fame) - Drive Club. 'The game we've always wanted to make'. Team-based racing. Painstakingly detailed recreation of car models. And now we see some gameplay.
- Now a political broadcast on behalf of the Sony Freedom Party.
- It's actually a guy (Nate Fox?) talking about Sucker Punch's latest exclusive - Second Son - which is for the PS4. Seems to be about people who have superhuman abilities who are fighting for their freedom from oppressive government, or something along those lines (very next-gen inFAMOUS-y).
- Indie gaming now. Jonathan Blow (of Braid fame) is introduced. He's working on a new game - it's actually The Witness - for the PS4 (the word exclusive was used, though from the words used it suggests just timed).
9 days ago
Guerilla Games, the Sony first party studio known for their work on the Killzone series, have revealed that they've been hard at work on an as-yet-unannounced...
17 days ago
The ongoing resolution feud between Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's Playstation 4 continues. Industry insider "Shinobi602" has just tweeted the alleged...
17 days ago
Konami has announced the official resolution and frames per second numbers for all four console versions of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, along with...
21 days ago
Hideo Kojima is at it again. The famous creator of the Metal Gear Solid series has made a habit of sending cryptic tweets ahead of MGS-related announcements,...
24 days ago
Sony have announced that they're planning over 100 games for the PlayStation 4 this year alone. The news comes from the official PlayStation Twitter, reporting...
12 hours ago
The winter freeze is almost over! As the weather begins to warm up, the slate of games being released begins to improve as well. March is a big month for...
1 day ago
Nintendo has revealed a special limited edition of the upcoming Mario Kart 8. The limited edition of the game, which is set to release on May 30, will...
11 days ago
Many gamers know of thatgamecompany for their games flOw, Flower and, of course, Journey. We here at gamrReview loved Journey so much that we named it...
25 days ago
Batman: Arkham Origins has suffered from numerous bugs - including some that prevent players from progressing in the game - but the developer will not...
9 days ago
After hearing the recent news that South Park: Stick of Truth will be censored it made me think that censorship is a pretty strange beast right now. Back...
8 hours ago
We reported just yesterday that Watch Dogs will finally be launching on all consoles, except Wii U, on May 27th. Today a few more details have appeared...