And we're go!
- Things kick off with a typical E3-style PlayStation trailer.
- Andrew House takes to the stage, delivers lots of PR speak (House loves buzzwords!). Plugging Vita, PSN and the PlayStation brand in general.
- And now PlayStation 4 gets its first mention! Phew! House says presentation will take up two hours.
- PS4 will 'allow developers to explore' more flexible business models. Lots of focus on being developer-friendly.
- Lead system architect introduced - Mark Cerny - he's been working on this process for about five years. His focus here seems to be on interactivity and inter-connectivity.
- Specs: Supercharged PC architecture, X86 CPU, Enhanced PC GPU, 8GB Unified Memory, Local HDD.
- DualShock 4 shown off. Looks similar to (but better than) those leaks we've been seeing. There is indeed a touchscreen.
- Epic's Unreal Engine 4 shown off in real-time. Havok physics engine also demonstrated.
- Cerny introduces a trailer for the title he's been working on. It's called Knack.
- Background real-time downloading, simple gameplay video uploads, real time spectating of others' games, new friends network. In general much more integrated and personalised experience.
- Next speaker is up - David Perry, CEO of Gaikai. Naturally this means Gaikai cloud tech will be on PS4.
- You'll be able to play games straight away when browsing the PlayStation Store - instant access and experience.
- Facebook and USTREAM integrated.
- The 'Share' button on the PS4 controller will allow you to livestream your gameplay. Gamers will be given casting abilities.
- Remote play built into the PS4 (i.e. BUY A PS VITA!)
- Lots of PSN services touted - Netflix, Hulu, MLB, Crackle, Amazon, PS+ (naturally), and more.
- Gaikai backwards compatibility (streaming) confirmed. PS4 itself will not be BC however.
- These cloud services will be rolled out gradually.
- Now there's a montage trailer. Developers praising the ideas behind the PS4.
- Next speaker - Michael Denny. He in turn introduces Geurrilla Games (Killzone).
- Killzone Shadow Fall trailer. Lots of gif material here; very pretty and detailed (also - yey, colours!). Lots of gameplay footage.
- Next game trailer. It's a racer from Evolution Studios (of MotorStorm fame) - Drive Club. 'The game we've always wanted to make'. Team-based racing. Painstakingly detailed recreation of car models. And now we see some gameplay.
- Now a political broadcast on behalf of the Sony Freedom Party.
- It's actually a guy (Nate Fox?) talking about Sucker Punch's latest exclusive - Second Son - which is for the PS4. Seems to be about people who have superhuman abilities who are fighting for their freedom from oppressive government, or something along those lines (very next-gen inFAMOUS-y).
- Indie gaming now. Jonathan Blow (of Braid fame) is introduced. He's working on a new game - it's actually The Witness - for the PS4 (the word exclusive was used, though from the words used it suggests just timed).
5 hours ago
Another World 20th Anniversary Edition is coming to consoles and handhelds, according to German rating boards. The 20th anniversary edition of Another...
4 days ago
It can become difficult to digest all the juicy tidbits of information that surface each week, so now I'm here to present them to you. This is the first...
8 days ago
If you're a Borderlands fan and you traded in your Xbox 360 or PS3, then Gearbox's Randy Pitchford has two words for you: "I'm sorry". During Gearbox's...
9 days ago
Trials Fusion will have a resolution of 900p after a day one update on the Xbox One. Originally, the Xbox One version was going to run at 800p. Both the...
10 days ago
A Russian gaming website recently published an article claiming that the PlayStation 4 version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt would run at 900p/30FPS, while...
12 hours ago
While many fans have been left disappointed by the Final Fantasy franchise this past generation, the one bright spot of the franchise has been and still...
3 hours ago
Bungie, the developers behind the upcoming game Destiny, have released a new trailer showcasing the 3 different classes you can play as: Titan - The first...
5 days ago
"Mod God" Peter "Durante" Thoman, who took it upon himself to write code to improve the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition experience on PC, was asked...
10 hours ago
It has finally been announced that the Xbox One will be launching in Japan later this year, on September 4. The Japanese launch list includes: Dead Rising...
6 hours ago
In an extreme case of video game rage, a Call of Duty player who lost a match got his own back in a very stupid way - he called the emergency services...
2 days ago
Nate Wells, lead artist on The Last of Us, has left Naughty Dog to move to Giant Sparrow. He had been working at Naughty Dog for just under 2 years, and...