The next installment of the Super Smash Bros series is in development. Ever since a few days ago, people were excited to see it. Now, fans of the series are in huge denial and complete disappointment. Series director and developer Masahiro Sakurai has recently revealed that the team has completely dropped the Tekken inspired story mode and all cutscenes. According to Sakurai, cutscenes are a one time deal; gamers are only intrigued when they see it the first time. His direct words are disturbing. The reason he gave for leaving out story and CG scenes makes absolutely no sense in any possible way. Here's what he said: "Unfortunately the scenes in which we put hard work into were posted online". When read, you think the Wii U scenes were leaked, that's not what he meant. He means that BRAWL scenes were leaked. Yes, brawl scenes on youtube are the cause of the team just now dropping the story. Really?! Brawl is quite old for the team to just now take into concern. Fans, when told about this new story and cutscenes, were EXTREMELY excited about it. Now we have all been metaphorically shot by this horrid decision.
Before the announcement, people were excited for:
-More characters and better detail
-the new story
-the cutscene unlocks
-the game itself
-the customization of characters
Now this has all been reversed:
-fans disappointed about no story
-fans disappointed about no scenes
-less characters than Brawl
-and overall fear of decisions that Sakurai is thinking of (seriously, people are scared about what Sakurai is going to do next)
As of now, I will not purchase the game. I LOVE the series, but what this guy is doing is so BAD and HORRID that it's ruining the game. When taken into view, the game is downgrading everything except visuals.
-Little Mac is joining the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS cast. The pint-sized hero of the Punch-Out franchise attacks with a flurry of boxing blows....
22 hours ago
Greetings once again from Tokyo, Japan. As you may or may not remember, last year during my first trip to Japan I introduced this series of articles to...
4 days ago
With the English Demo of Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS in full swing, some keen- eyed players have found the following image in its data: The shot appears...
6 hours ago
Mobile developers TinyCo, the company behind Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff, have been found to have improperly collected the data of its users, many...
4 days ago
Twitter user BluesDriveBuster has posted an image of a reservation card from retailer Fred Meyer for the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. The date listed...
1 day ago
Because of a glitch discovered yesterday in the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Community on Miiverse, Nintendo have now disabled image posting in that section...
Pokemon X & Y released worldwide on Saturday to the joy of millions - 4 million of whom purchased the game within the first two days. However, some of...