As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.
The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.
How are durango components connected?
Above you can see the Durango system block diagram.
Let’s check what’s inside the box:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
What do you think?
4 days ago
Watch Dogs, Ubisoft's much anticipated open-world title, will release on May 27th it was announced today. The game features Aiden Pierce, a young man who...
6 days ago
The latest entry in the Batman: Arkham series of games has just been revealed by Game Informer. Batman: Arkham Knight is Rocksteady's third Batman: Arkham...
11 days ago
Rumours have been flying around over what the resolution will be for upcoming shooter Titanfall, and while we don't yet know for sure what it will be,...
12 days ago
If you're in the beta for the latest Xbox One firmware update then you'll soon have the update rolled out onto your Xbox. The update will enhance older...
18 days ago
Sad news to those of you who were looking forward to Octodad: Dadliest Catch on PlayStation 4. It will now launch in April, not in March like we had originally...
1 day ago
Now that the next generation of gaming is officially underway, the inevitable discussion about graphics has come to the forefront. It seems like no matter...
12 days ago
After hearing the recent news that South Park: Stick of Truth will be censored it made me think that censorship is a pretty strange beast right now. Back...
2 days ago
inFamous: Second Son is going to be a very fun and interesting game, but how long will it keep you busy? Sucker Punch Co-Founder Chris Zimmerman gave...
Batman: Arkham Origins has suffered from numerous bugs - including some that prevent players from progressing in the game - but the developer will not...
4 days ago
Some games don’t go away from public memory no matter how much time has passed. Developers of these games hope that the reason for this is because of...
3 days ago
We reported just yesterday that Watch Dogs will finally be launching on all consoles, except Wii U, on May 27th. Today a few more details have appeared...