As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.
The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.
How are durango components connected?
Above you can see the Durango system block diagram.
Let’s check what’s inside the box:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
What do you think?
4 days ago
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris was shown off at this year's E3, the follow-up to the series' original isometric action adventure title Lara Croft...
5 days ago
Last year the developer behind State of Decay, Undead Labs, was asked if we would see State of Decay ported to the Xbox One. The answer at the time was...
7 days ago
Microsoft have detailed the updates coming to the Xbox One this August. The update will contain the following: Activity Feed Updates Expanded...
17 days ago
When Microsoft first announced their ID@Xbox programme, shortly after the Xbox One's announcement, they also announced that any Xbox One bought at retail...
18 days ago
A few days ago, my colleague Stephen wrote an article stating why he believed that remastered re-releases - games from the previous generation of PS3 and...
3 days ago
Bungie have announced that, as of yesterday, anyone can now access the Destiny Beta on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4, regardless of whether customers...
5 days ago
It seems that you may be able to play as Red Hood in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Knight, if this image is to be believed. The image looks convincing...
4 days ago
SteamDB have uncovered another iteration of Valve's Steam controller, which can be seen below: The most notable change is that the Steam controller now...
6 days ago
After the success of Wreck it Ralph, it perhaps shouldn't come as a great surprise to hear that more films are set to make use of video game characters....
2 days ago
I have been a COC player since last year and it is very frustrating to build your village to what seem to be the best within therein on that town hall...
5 days ago
Yesterday EA announced the financial results for their first quarter of the year. Along with various profit and sales tidbits from the report, we also...