As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.
The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.
How are durango components connected?
Above you can see the Durango system block diagram.
Let’s check what’s inside the box:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
What do you think?
16 hours ago
The Elder Scrolls Online - Zenimax's MMO based in The Elder Scrolls universe - is set to release on April 4th, 2014 for the PC and Mac, Bethesda has announced....
4 days ago
Missed out on Tomb Raider earlier in the year? Got a PS4 or Xbox One? Well, according to a leaked ad on Spike TV's VGX Awards website, January 28th 2014...
7 days ago
Chris Charla, Microsoft's Director of ID@Xbox, has written up a post on the Xbox Wire detailing the indie developers Microsoft are partnering with to bring...
9 days ago
God of War: Ascension director and God of War III design director Todd Papy has joined Crytek's studio in Germany to work on an unannounced project, per...
15 days ago
Anyone who received a faulty Xbox One will be given a free digital game for their troubles. Although it seems that only a relatively small percentage of...
With just a matter of days and weeks to go before the next generation consoles from both Sony and Microsoft release, there is certainly a lot of hype and...
1 day ago
Rockstar yesterday revealed their plans for Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V going forwards. As well as the usual host of minor changes...
14 hours ago
Ubisoft have confirmed a February 28th, 2014 release for Rayman Legends on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The next-gen port will also feature the following...
16 days ago
Blizzard's upcoming Multiplayer Online Battle Arena title, Heroes of the Storm, features characters drawn in a way that some would call over or hypersexualized....
Pokemon X & Y released worldwide on Saturday to the joy of millions - 4 million of whom purchased the game within the first two days. However, some of...
2 days ago
March 18th, 2014 is the date that Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will launch for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, according to an...