As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.
The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.
How are durango components connected?
Above you can see the Durango system block diagram.
Let’s check what’s inside the box:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
What do you think?
22 hours ago
If you have a pre-order for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on the Xbox One then we have some bad news for you. Gamershonesttruth noticed that customers are receiving...
1 day ago
In a recent post on UbiBlog, Animation Director Colin Graham has revealed that due to the power of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Ubisoft can add a huge...
3 days ago
If you're a Borderlands fan and you traded in your Xbox 360 or PS3, then Gearbox's Randy Pitchford has two words for you: "I'm sorry". During Gearbox's...
4 days ago
Trials Fusion will have a resolution of 900p after a day one update on the Xbox One. Originally, the Xbox One version was going to run at 800p. Both the...
4 days ago
A Russian gaming website recently published an article claiming that the PlayStation 4 version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt would run at 900p/30FPS, while...
1 day ago
As a member of the legion of video game review writers that are on the internet, it's nice to hear the occasional piece of positive feedback - it helps...
9 days ago
Once a rumor, now a confirmed pre-sequel. Welcome to the Hyperion Moon Base, Vault Hunters. It's before the sequel! The cliff-notes: Release Date:...
1 day ago
EB Games announced today that the EB Games Expo 2014 will take place on October 3-5 in Sydney at the Sydney Olympic Park. They also confirmed that a number...
2 days ago
Various game retailers, including GameFly, Target and Best Buy are listing The Last of Us: Remastered Edition for release on June 20 for the PlayStation...
11 days ago
Insomniac Games confirmed this weekend that fans of the Resistance series have very little time left to enjoy the online components of the trilogy on PlayStation...
15 days ago
It seems that Gotham will have a spit of the English weather in the upcoming Arkham Knight game. A recent interview with Dax Ginn, Brand Marketing Producer...