As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.
The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.
How are durango components connected?
Above you can see the Durango system block diagram.
Let’s check what’s inside the box:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
What do you think?
32 minutes ago
Microsoft is maintaining its promise of releasing timely updates for the Xbox One operating system. The November update will give users the ability to...
1 day ago
343 Industries have replied to fan complaints concerning Halo: The Master Chief Collection's requirement of a 20GB day one patch. In a post on NeoGAF,...
3 days ago
Upcoming racing sim Project Cars has officially been delayed, distributor Bandai Namco confirmed earlier today. The delay will push the game's release...
7 days ago
An Xbox One bundle containing Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag has been leaked by GameWare. The bundle comes with a 500GB black...
12 days ago
Studio 10 have announced that they will not be releasing any DLC for the Xbox 360 version of Forza Horizon 2. In a post on the Forza Community Forum in...
1 hour ago
Last month Ubisoft revealed Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, a 2D side-scrolling entry in the Assassin's Creed series. The game is set to release as...
3 days ago
An indie game called Hatred was revealed earlier today. Currently being developed by a new indie studio called Destructive Creations, Hatred is an isometric...
3 days ago
343 Industries have revealed that players will need to download a day one patch of 20GB in order to play Halo: The Master Chief Collection when it launches...
13 days ago
YouTuber Nowsie10 has figured out how to reach Terminus, a DLC area in Destiny that's only meant to be accessible in 2015. There's a force field protecting...
3 days ago
Final Fantasy XIII was originally planned as a grand creation spanning three different games with varying styles of play. The first came out as planned,...