As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.
The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.
How are durango components connected?
Above you can see the Durango system block diagram.
Let’s check what’s inside the box:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
What do you think?
4 days ago
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris was shown off at this year's E3, the follow-up to the series' original isometric action adventure title Lara Croft...
6 days ago
Last year the developer behind State of Decay, Undead Labs, was asked if we would see State of Decay ported to the Xbox One. The answer at the time was...
7 days ago
Microsoft have detailed the updates coming to the Xbox One this August. The update will contain the following: Activity Feed Updates Expanded...
18 days ago
When Microsoft first announced their ID@Xbox programme, shortly after the Xbox One's announcement, they also announced that any Xbox One bought at retail...
18 days ago
A few days ago, my colleague Stephen wrote an article stating why he believed that remastered re-releases - games from the previous generation of PS3 and...
2 days ago
Learn the secrets from the expert and use it to your advantage. Eeach and everyone of us takes time to learn especially if you are playing for the first...
4 days ago
With only three weeks left before Hyrule Warriors releases in Japan, Koei Tecmo have given us an Ocarina of Time-themed news update. They have announced...
Pokemon X & Y released worldwide on Saturday to the joy of millions - 4 million of whom purchased the game within the first two days. However, some of...
3 days ago
Bungie have announced that, as of yesterday, anyone can now access the Destiny Beta on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4, regardless of whether customers...
3 days ago
Back at E3 in June, BioWare hinted at a brand new IP. Now they've released a trailer for it. The trailer is titled "Nightmare" and can be seen below: It's...
17 days ago
I've always loved Easter Eggs, especially ones that remain hidden for several years. Recently, one that has been dormant for 7 years in Halo 3 has been...