As we promised during the weekend in the next weeks we will unveil Durango and Orbis. All the technical info you want to know about the next generation machines from Sony and Microsoft.
The first one is Durango. In this article we present the system overview with the general components and some technical details about them.
How are durango components connected?
Above you can see the Durango system block diagram.
Let’s check what’s inside the box:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
What do you think?
17 hours ago
Phil Spencer, head of Microsoft's Xbox Division, previously announced that screenshot functionality would be coming to the Xbox One soon. However, in...
17 hours ago
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round will be coming to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One February 17th in America, and February 20th in Europe, Tecmo Koei have announced. This...
3 days ago
Microsoft is maintaining its promise of releasing timely updates for the Xbox One operating system. The November update will give users the ability to...
4 days ago
343 Industries have replied to fan complaints concerning Halo: The Master Chief Collection's requirement of a 20GB day one patch. In a post on NeoGAF,...
7 days ago
Upcoming racing sim Project Cars has officially been delayed, distributor Bandai Namco confirmed earlier today. The delay will push the game's release...
Gamers have found a new player vs player playlist and a new planet buried in Destiny's source code. The playlist is called Tales of Osiris and will take...
1 day ago
In what's being billed as the most significant Titanfall update to-date, Titanfall 'Game Update Eight' will add a brand new cooperative game mode called...
16 hours ago
The PS4's next update - called Masamune - will include Sony's Share Play functionality when it arrives next week. The feature, which was first shown off...
2 days ago
Hyrule Warriors, the Zelda-infused Dynasty Warriors-inspired hack 'n slash title developed by Team Ninja will be getting Amiibo support, Nintendo have...
3 days ago
Last month Ubisoft revealed Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China, a 2D side-scrolling entry in the Assassin's Creed series. The game is set to release as...
1 day ago
Alien: Isolation's first DLC pack - Corporate Lockdown - is set to release just under a week from now, on 28th October. In what is set to be the first...