Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness is a remake of the original game for the PSP. Unlike the original release, it includes multiplayer gameplay, Etna mode, extra boss enemies, a Music and dual language selection.
- This mode features Etna as the main character, as she kills Laharl by accident when waking him up. In order to prevent suspicion from Maderas, Etna places fake antennas on a Prinny and passes it off as Laharl.
- Multiplayer mode features multiple gameplay modes, such: "Defeat the Leader," "Capture the Flag," and the original "Battle."
Music Shop & Record Keeper
- The Music Shop allows the player to listen to the game's various songs and even change the Item World theme.
- The Record Keeper keeps track of various bits of information such as ally kills and obtained items and is similar to a library or encyclopedia in other JRPG's.
New Boss Fights
- Overlord Zetta
Dual Language Selection
- Most of the silent Japanese cut scenes now include voice acting, however, when set to English most of the scenes that were silent remain so. Also, to reflect Etna's change of voice actor, her lines have been re-recorded to match Michelle Ruff's portrayal of Etna in Disgaea 2: Curse of Memories and the anime.