What Personal Information do we Collect?
- Registration information: including (but not limited to) username, password, email, first name, last name, gender.
- Interests: when you follow an entity, perform a search and view pages. We use this information to improve your experience on the Site and may be used in the targeting of advertisements.
- Contributions: when you submit a contribution to the Site, a log of that contribution is made.
You are not required to register for an account or to provide any personal information to us in order to use this Service.
The Site uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, go to: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
On some pages of the Site a cookie is sent to your computer that uniquely identifies the user when they log in. A "cookie" is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features may not function properly without cookies.
The Site takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
Sharing Your Information
The Site only shares your information with others in the following circumstances:
- As described above.
- With our subsidiaries and affiliated companies, contractors, and vendors. We require these parties to process your information in compliance with this policy.
- As required by law enforcement agencies.
- As we, in our sole judgment, deem necessary to investigate a breach of security.
If the Site becomes involved in a merger or acquisition or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, we will provide notice to you, via an update to this policy, of any personal information to be transferred and/or subject to a different policy.
We may also share with third parties aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of new user registrations over a specific time period or the number of users who edited a particular page.