The Darkstalkers series showcases traditional arcade fighting gameplay, and Darkstalkers Resurrection will continue in this vein, but with enhancements that follow Iron Galaxy Studios' previous Capcom arcade re-releases Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins.
- Arcade mode is the standard one-on-one battles that are popular in arcades throughout the world.
- Training mode is the standard training arena, where the player can test out combos and moves to learn how to fight with each character's unique fighting style.
- Tutorial mode is similar to training, but will also explain the different character combos and strategies, while explaining why they're useful.
- Replay mode will allow players to save previously fought matches to their hard drive, or upload them to a server, for others to view and rate.
- Spectate mode allows up to eight people to watch current or prerecorded matches while being able to chat.
- Online mode uses the GGPO software to provide smooth online gameplay for players everywhere. Matchmaking follows previous Iron Galaxy Studios' games and introduces additional options, such as region matching and ping display. It will also feature the standard ranked and player matches, but with the addition of online tournament mode.
As the players completes in-game challenges they will receive vault points, which can be redeemed to unlock bonus content via the Vault system. These include: custom artwork by Stanley "Artgerm" Lau, videos, concept art, skins, and much more.