Minor improvements include enacting the new CBA rules from last season following the lockout, a Start Today feature, All-Star Weekend has been integrated in, and various logic has been adjusted along with some bug fixes.
The mode features up to a maximum of 82 games and a minimum of 14 games.
In the Playoffs you can play between 1-7 games and don't require you to edit settings regarding player injury and fatgue etc. This mode is great for those who want to quickly jump into a game and play, without having to have to do a lot of setup.
Practice mode allows you to try different gameplay elements of the game, such as:
- Training Camp allows you to practice different moves and techniques, such as Jump Shots, Lay Ups, Dunks, Passing.
- Freestyle allows you to play a practice sessions on your own and experiment as you see fit. There is no AI on the court with you which gives you complete freedom to play as you pleas.
- Free Throws allows you to practice different types of throws like short throws and/or long throws.
- Plays allows you to practice different types of plays of different teams such as Isolation, Double Fade, and Cutter etc.
- Post Moves allows you can practice offensive moves such as Inside Face Up, Outside Face up, Quick Spin, and Drive Fake etc.
- Scrimmage allows you to play a practice game against the AI with no time limits and does not go on record.
Creating a Legend
Creating a Legend mode allows you select any of the available players from any of the teams in the game, and make him rise through the ranks of NBA and become a legend.
Blacktop mode allows you to play games on simple street courts rather than classy arenas or centers and can be played as a 1-on-1 and up to 5-on-5.