When the chapter starts you will be pinned to the floor of the bus as zombies approach. Grab the 9mm Ammo x2 as you lay on your back and kill the zombies coming through the bus toward you. Keep shooting until the cutscene takes over.
Make your way through the cemetery, avoiding the mud holes which you can fall into, and kill any zombies as they approach. Start by sticking to the right side of the map as the path goes north and curves right. Continue right, but before going north, find a fenced in tomb that you can open for 5,000 Skill Points. North and a little west is a hidden Serpent Emblem on an obelisk nearby.
|Beware of the lightning, as this summons zombies directly on you and blinds/stuns you for a second.|
Continue up the path north and hug the fence to the south when you go around a corner to the left. There is another tomb with a Green Herb inside that you should get when it is clear. Now head for the building the west and grab the Incendiary Grenade by the bed before opening the door and releasing the dog.
Follow the path back toward the bus, killing any dogs or zombies you encounter, to kill the dog holding the Cemetery Key. Now, make your way back to the cabin and take the bridge to a gate and open it.
As soon as you enter, you will be split from your ally.
Cathedral Grounds: As Leon:
- Take the first right and equip your Shotgun to take out a Shrieker. Continue around the corner and grab the Green Herb to the north by a locked building. Backtrack a little and take the first left where another Shrieker awaits. Kill it and make sure to watch your back for an incoming hoard before you continue to reach the Cathedral pathway to the north and regroup with Helena.
Cathedral Grounds: As Helena:
- There are no items on Helena's side, so make your way through the area to kill two Shriekers and reunite with Leon.
|You might find it useful to know that you can go down the other players path and kill the two Shrikers on their side for more skill points. If you were playing Helena, go get the Green Herb on his side, as well.|
When you are ready, head toward the cathedral courtyard and gather the Incendiary Grenades x2 on the benches and the random items from the crates. You may also want to kill any of the zombies that approach the gate to get some items off them, but it's not required. Now approach the cathedral doors and get ready for a fight.
You will now be forced into a battle with multiple enemy types, including Shriekers and Bloodshot zombies. Keep moving and don't be afraid to use your Incendiary Grenades when they are in a group. When the people inside announce the door is unlocked head for it asap.
Start by grabbing the Green Herb and First Aid Spray on the pews and then check the rooms nearby for crates. Once you think the first floor is clear, head to the broken ladder to the right of the altar and grab the Madonna of Happiness before tossing Helena up. If you are Helena, kick down the nearby ladder for Leon.
On the second floor, head to the front of the building and look up at the rose window to find a Serpent Emblem. Now check the room nearby for the Madonna of Charity and the other side for some crates and a Green Herb. Head to the far corner and place one of the Madonna's on the stand to automatically read the inscription and then place it at the same time as your partner.
Back downstairs, enter the new room and pull the lever.
Hidden Passage: As Helena
- When you pull the levers a statue with a laser-sight crossbow will appear. Think of this as the arcade game Whack-a-Mole. As the statue appears, smack the button at its base to send it away.
Hidden Passage: As Leon
- After Helena clears her statue, a statue will appear on your side as well. Do the same thing.
Enter the next room and pull the lever. You will now be engaged in a much more intense version of Whack-a-Mole, in which multiple statues come out. Dash to avoid being shot and watch out for getting locked on and shot when you are hitting a button. After a few rounds you can move on.
Where is that laser coming from you ask? Well, it is a hint at the next set of puzzle. Both you and your partner must aim your laser sights at the dishes to light it up and continue.
In the next room, follow the stairs all the way to the top and around a corner and look down for the next dish to continue. As you and your partner slowly get closer to each other, look across at your partner and then up to aim at a dish on their side of the room to open the door nearby.
Once again, the dishes are on the opposite side of the area and up in the right corner. Aim at them to unlock the door, reunite with your ally and grab the Madonna of Sorrow before heading upstairs.
The key to the next area is to shoot all five bells, but before you do anything else make sure to grab the Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle from the corpse in the corner. Now head out either side and shoot the 3 large bells with your handgun. The final two bells are spinning around on the weather vane above two of the steeples. The one on the right can probably be shot with the handgun, while the other is best done with the Sniper Rifle. Once all 5 have been shoot, grab the Madonna of Grief and head back down the steps to the cathedrals third floor.
Head to the other side of the area and clear the crates before you and your partner place the Madonna's on the stands and unleash a deadly attack on the civilians below.
This guy is a deadly enemy that goes around infecting the survivors with gas and turning them into zombies. You will need to stay a decent distance from this guy to survive, so use your Sniper Rifle for most of the fight.
Watch your back from turned zombies and when the Lepotitsa kneels you can go in for some unique melee attacks or stay away and switch to the Shotgun.
After it takes out the first floor it will go upstairs to do the same. Stay on the first floor and hit it with your rifle whenever it stops.
After it is done upstairs it will drop back down and come after you. Keep moving and getting shots in whenever you can while trying to keep away.
When the Lepotitsa dies, grab the Underground Keycard. If you managed to save at least two women you will also get the achievement/trophy I Prefer Them Alive and also a Red Herb and Green Herb. When you are ready, descend the steps and examine the lighted panel to use the keycard and open a room with barrels and a chest of 4,000 Skill Points.
Head out of the room and kick the blue file cabinets open for some random items and head up to the machine on the upper platform where you can input three numbers to unlock some chambers nearby. Each cell number is made up of ONE of each of the numbers and no number is duplicated.
The rooms are as follows:
- Room 201: Contains two file cabinets of random items unless you open it after room 102, when it will have a zombie with a liquid nitrogen bottle.
- Room 012: Contains some zombies and nothing else!
- Room 102: Contains a Shrieker which will call other zombies to the area.
- Room 210: Opens the gate to proceed.
When you go into the next room for more file cabinets and more rooms:
- Room 012: Contains two zombies and the Room 201.
- Room 201: Contains a Green Herb, 5,000 Skill Points, a First Aid Spray, and some file cabinets.
- Room 102: Conatins a Shrieker and a Green Herb.
- Room 120: Contains a zombie that usually turns into a Bloodshot.
- Room 021: Opens the exit to continue.
Head down the hall and open the door at the end of the hall to reveal a little more about Helena. As you head down the next hall the zombie will reanimate and must be killed. After its death Helena, if you are playing as Leon, runs off ahead with no warning into the lab.
Head past the lab and around the corner and enter the first room on your left and destroy the file cabinets and the poor zombie who died on the toilet. Before leaving make sure to drain the sink and shoot the Serpent Emblem. Continue forward and enter the women's bathroom on the right with a Green Herb and a Shrieker, if you empty the sink.
|The Serpent Emblem actually appears in the first sink that you drain, even if this is the girls bathroom. The Shrieker will appear in the second sink.|
Continue through the door at the end of the hall and kill the zombies inside before breaking the file cabinets and heading through the door on the left wall. Enter the door directly on front of you and watch the cutscene. Afterwards, hug the right wall to a passcode machine and enter the code: 201.
In the next area there are three levers that you need to pull in order to advance. Start by heading to the left and down into a room with electric generators buzzing on the floor and a lever nearby. Pull it to raise the gate near the entrance and backtrack, killing the zombies, to the room with another lever and some file cabinets. Pulling the lever in this room will separate you from Helena, or Leon, and you will need to jump down into the underpass to exit.
The underpass should have a few zombies and a trapped zombie dog. Dispatch them and make your way to the other side of the passage and climb up the ladder to reunite with your partner.
Head back into the room where a platform has dropped down to reach another lever and some zombies. Kill the hoard however you want, although electrocuting them works pretty well, and pull the second lever.
Head back to the stairs and look up on top of the new platform to shoot some zombies before vaulting Helena on top.
Underground Lab: As Helena
- Info Coming Soon
Underground Lab: As Leon
- Switch to your Sniper Rifle and support Helena as she pulls the final lever and releases a Bloodshot zombie, but don't forget to watch your own back. When the lever is pulled a hoard of zombies will arrive on the new platform near the second lever, so make sure to kill the group before heading over to Helena and pulling the twin levers.
Follow the path through a large warehouse and kill the zombies and Shriekers as you approach the door. The zombies will continue to enter, so head to the hatch by the exit and use the Partner Action to escape the area.
Primitive Altar Entrance
The location is mostly empty, so smash the nearby urns and make your way quickly through the level. When you reach a section where you must crawl under some beams, head around the corner and look for the Serpent Emblem behind a breakable vase before continuing on until you finally find Deborah and learn more about who she and Helena are.
Primitive Altar: As Leon
- As Helena carries Deborah Leon will have to handle all of the enemies. Start by heading down the new pathway and grabbing the Green Herb after you jump down.
- Keep going across the bridges and side areas that are filled with zombies, making sure to break open and urns you find. When your reach the area where you have to push a container, push it and enter the next area and push another container. Make sure to watch your back, as enemies come rushing in from behind.
Primitive Altar: As Helena
- Since you are carrying Deborah, you can not access your inventory or hold weapons. You can, however, headbutt and kick enemies and crates. Use this method to protect yourself as you follow Leon through the level.
Continue to the altar where you will be split up again.
Below the Altar: As Leon
- Head down the path and break the urns before you vault Ada over the gap and receive the ring. Continue to a container that Helena should move once you examine it and the vault Ada again which leads to the Deborah fight.
Below the Altar: As Helena
- Follow the path to a lever that you need to pull to allow Leon to advance.
Keep focusing on Deobrah as you move around to avoid the zombies. When she is on the upper ledge, snipe her glowing tentacles until she drops or jumps down herself.
When she is on the lower level, use your Shotgun or the TNT barrels and continue to focus on her glowing tentacles.
If she falls over onto her back and extends one tentacle in the air you can run in for a unique attack where you melee the tentacle. When she sustains enough damage she will collapse the floor.
- Follow the linear path down the structure, killing any zombies and breaking the urns as you do. When you reach the bottom, turn the crank to move the mine cart and hop inside.
- Jump in the cart and cover Leon as he makes his way down the ramps. When you reach the bottom, you'll have to wait for Leon to hop in to continue.
The mine cart will roll down the path and pass a bunch of barricades. You can either duck with the QTE's or shoot the barricades with your Shotgun to destroy them before you reach them.
When Deborah hops on boards, continue to focus your attacks on her tentacles while avoiding her attacks by droping to the ground on your back or ducking. The mine cart continues to barrel down the tracks as you approach some TNT. Shoot the TNT before you reach it and continue dodging, shooting until the horrible roller coaster ends.
When you land there are two things going on: Deborah and Helena are trapped on a broken down bridge and Ada is dangling from the ledge.
Altar Corridor: As Leon
- Run up to Ada and use the Partner Action to rescue her and then use the Shotgun or Sniper Rifle to shoot Deborah's tentacles, before the structure breaks and she and Helena fall to their deaths, to end the level.
Altar Corridor: As Helena
- Aim for the glowing tentacle and shoot it.
Trophy/Acheivement - Buried Secrets
|Rank||Accuracy %||Deaths||Clear Time (mins)||Enemies Routed|
|D||49 or below||8+||121+||39 or below|