Serpent Emblem Locations
- Leon's Serpent Emblem Locations
- Chris' Serpent Emblem Locations
- Jake's Serpent Emblem Locations
- Ada's Serpent Emblem Locations
Satisfy the corresponding requirements to unlock additional modes and abilities, as outlined below.
- Clear one campaign - 8 skill arrangements (up to 3 skills per arrangement) for on-the-fly usage in campaign mode
- Clear two campaigns - Unlock Steel Beast map in Mercenaries mode.
- Clear three campaigns - Mining the Depths map in Mercenaries mode.
- Clear all 3 default campaigns - Ada’s story campaign
- Clear Ada's Campaign - Ada unlocked for Mercenaries Mode
- Clear all 4 story campaigns - Infinite ammo for a specific weapon made available for skill slot purchase (all 8 are unlocked)
Reload Animation Cut
As with many animations in games, Resident Evil 6 allows you to prematurely "cut" a reloading animation by quickly selecting a grenade type item (grenade, remote mine, first aid spray) and then switching back to your firearm.
As an alternative, you may also attempt to press the fire button (without aiming) to perform a gun-butt with the weapon, which also "completes" the magazine reload, but places your character in the gun butt animation. This, and other actions (taking cover, diving, etc.) may be faster or slower than weapon switching, but will depend on the situation you are in (esp. the very fluid situations in Mercenaries Mode).
This animation exploit allows you to cut down the animation cool-down periods for certain weapons (notably the grenade launcher), letting you fire the weapon a few moments earlier. This exploit does not apply to weapons with manually worked actions, such as the six-shot "Sniper Rifle", the regular shotgun, Piers' Anti-Material Rifle, etc.
You can make a weapon's reloading animation shorter by quickly selecting an item (grenade, remote mine, first aid spray), and then switching back to your weapon. Alternately, press [Fire] (without aiming) to perform a gun-butt with the weapon and complete the magazine reload; however, this make your character do the gun-butt animation. This, and other actions (taking cover, diving, etc.), may be faster or slower than weapon switching, but will depend on the situation you are in. These methods allow you to cut down the animation delay periods for certain weapons (notably the grenade launcher), letting you shoot the weapon a few moments earlier. However, these tricks do not apply to weapons with manual actions, such as the six-shot sniper rifle, regular shotgun, Piers' Anti-Material Rifle, etc.
Never Run Out of Ammo with the Wing Shooter
When playing as Leon in his campaign, if you ever run out of extra ammunition, but still have a few remaining in the magazine, aim down the sights with the L trigger, then press Y to switch to Leon's duel-wielding mode. Press Y to switch back again, and you should end up with a full magazine.