Apparel Items are ones that can't be used as weapons, but take up a weapon slot; they usually provide CJ with assistance in some way. There are only three Apparel Items in the game, which are Night Vision Goggles, Thermal Vision Goggles, and the Parachute.
NIGHT VISION GOGGLES
Night Vision Goggles share the same icon and in-game model as the Thermal Vision Goggles, although they have different functions. Night Vision Goggles makes it so the player can see in the dark, presenting what little light there is in a green tint. After equipping the goggles, you can switch to another weapon and even drive vehicles.
- East Los Santos, Los Santos - Inside Big Smoke's crackhouse, in warehouse area
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Inside Madd Dogg's house, behind the stairs that lead to bedrooms
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Along one of brick alleyways
- Restricted Area, Bone County - On watchtower platform (you get a 5 star wanted level for going into the Restricted Area)
- Sherman Dam, Tierra Robada - In generator hall
THERMAL VISION GOGGLES
Thermal Vision Goggles share the same icon and in-game model as the Night Vision Goggles, although they have completely different functions. They are best used at night, and when worn, the player is able to see the heat given off by other people and vehicles. The colors used are blue, purple, pink and red, with blue being cool and red being hot. You can switch to another weapon and even drive a vehicle, while still getting the effects of the goggle.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Inside Madd Dogg's house, in a room near the studio
- Garcia, San Fierro - Inside Zero's RC shop
- The Big Ear, Bone County - Around base of the satellite dish
- Restricted Area, Bone County - Inside a control room (you get a 5 star wanted level for going into the Restricted Area)
The Parachute's main purpose is to safely get CJ to the ground after falling from a great height or after bailing out of a plane or helicopter. You'll learn everything about how to use one with the last lesson in the Pilot School. You can do base jumps in the game, but you must make sure you select the Parachute before jumping; otherwise, you will die when you hit the ground. Jumping out of a plane or helicopter will make the Parachute default. The best time to pull the chord to open it is when the game prompts you to do it.
- Downtown, Los Santos - On top of tallest building
- Financial, San Fierro - On top of the Big Pointy Building
- Garver Bridge, San Fierro - On top of western tower on San Fierro side of bridge
- The Emerald Isle, Las Venturas - On top of the casino
- Whetstone - On top of Mt. Chiliad, on slope between Camper and Journey
- Tierra Robada - On top of tower on Tierra Robada side of Gant Bridge
- Bone County - Inside one of the wooden structures on top of Arco del Oeste
- Bone County - On top of the radio tower near The Big Ear