Thrown Weapons are used to cause damage to your enemies from a distance. One of the downsides to using Thrown Weapons is throwing it too far and not hitting your target, or throwing it too close and injuring yourself. There are four kinds of Thrown Weapons, which are Grenades, Molotov Cocktails, Tear Gas Grenades, and Satchel Charges.
|$300 for 5|
If you hold down the fire button, you are able to throw the grenade longer distances. Grenades are a great projectile, as you can take out large groups of enemies with a well placed grenade. Grenades also can be quite dangerous, as if you throw one too close, you could cause great damage to you. Also, if you throw it too far, you may not hit anything.
- Las Colinas, Los Santos - Next to a burnt wooden shack
- East Beach, Los Santos - In corner of multi-story carpark
- Idlewood, Los Santos - At motel, on balcony
- Santa Maria Beach, Los Santos - Near end of Yacht Harbor, next to railing
- Doherty, San Fierro - Spawns outside garage after getting all 50 Photo Opportunities
- Bayside, Tierra Robada - In small alleyway
- Rockshore East, Las Venturas - On top of southernmost building in eastern complex
- K.A.C.C. Military Fuels, Las Venturas - Inside warehouse (only during "Up, Up and Away")
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($300) after completing "Doberman"
Molotov Cocktails are similar to the Flamethrower, as any enemy that touches the fire caused by this will run away, making it ideal for large groups of enemies. As with the Grenades, though, if your throw is too short, you could end up burning yourself; if it's too far, you might not do much damage to the enemies. The damage caused by the Molotov Cocktails is not too much, so you might need to use another weapon to finish the enemies off.
- Vinewood, Los Santos - To right of the Hobos diner
- Ocean Docks, Los Santos - To right of short street that connects to Los Santos Airport, underneath a building
- East Los Santos, Los Santos - In alleyway, north of Cluckin' Bell
- Ganton, Los Santos - Inside your house after spraying all 100 Gang Tags
- Palomino Creek, Red County - At southwest corner of rooftop of red brick building at southwest edge of town
- Flint Range, Flint County - Inside Helena's shed once you start dating her
- Creek, Las Venturas - At shopping center, on the roof
- Come-A-Lot, Las Venturas - On roof of tan building at southwest corner of intersection (one block east of Camel's Toe)
- Fort Carson, Bone County - Next to dumpster behind P Hat Liquor Store
TEAR GAS GRENADE
Tear Gas Grenades aren't very lethal, although they can kill if enemies are prolonged to the smoke long enough. The good thing about using Tear Gas Grenades is that CJ is impervious to the effects, so he can walk through the smoke without worrying about losing health. A good thing is that the Tear Gas Grenades affect a large area, so it is very useful against large groups of enemies.
- Mulholland Intersection, Los Santos - On steps of building north of ZIP store in Downtown
- Ocean Docks, Los Santos - Next to crates/boxes in warehouse that a railway is passing
- Easter Basin, San Fierro - Inside carrier at Easter Basin Naval Station
- K.A.C.C. Military Fuels, Las Venturas - On tarmac
- Las Venturas Airport - Left of traffic control tower, next to some Shamals and striped ramps
|$2000 for 1|
The Satchel Charge is like a Grenade that you can detonate at will. Whenever you plant one, you will get a detonator in your inventory (it has its own slot), which when pressed, will make the charge explode. It is pretty powerful, so it makes it an extremely useful tool for ambushing someone or taking out a vehicle. Considering you can detonate it anytime you want, you shouldn't have any problem with injuring yourself with them. You are able to place up to 32 charges at one time (reselect charge after planting one to plant another).
- Montgomery, Red County - Between betting shop and another building
- Avispa Country Club, San Fierro - Behind main building
- Paradiso, San Fierro - In house at corner of intersection with staircase
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Spawns outside once you collect all 50 Horseshoes
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($2000) after completing "Against All Odds"