Submachine Guns are almost like a substitute for Handguns, as you will most likely be using them a lot more once you obtain one. While the range is lower than Handguns, they offer much higher firing rate and at the Hitman level, they offer the ability to wield two weapons.
|50 shots (100 at Hitman)||$300 for 60 rounds|
The Tec-9 is a great weapon earlier in the game, as it can easily take down groups of enemies. It has a high firing speed and average strength, so it is easily overshadowed by stronger weapons later in the game. Of course, it is relatively cheap to buy more ammo, and you gain the ability to dual-wield at the Hitman skill level.
- Ganton, Los Santos - On top of Sweet's house, on the roof
- Ganton, Los Santos - Inside your house after spraying all 100 Gang Tags
- Los Santos Airport, Los Santos - Underneath a flyover, next to a parking lot
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Behind a house next to winding street
- Las Colinas, Los Santos - Beside a wire fence
- Blueberry, Red County - Beside northernmost structure
- Battery Point, San Fierro - Under Gant Bridge, behind Jizzy's Pleasure Dome
- Calton Heights, San Fierro - Near the church, behind a house and next to a tree
- The Mako Span (Las Venturas side) - Under bridge, near the edge
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($300) after completing "Doberman"
|50 shots (100 at Hitman)||$500 for 60 rounds|
The Micro SMG is a step up when compared to the Tec-9, as it fires faster and does more damage than that weapon. While it is not as powerful as the SMG, it does have the added bonus of being a lot cheaper than it, as well as having the option to dual-wield it once you hit the Hitman skill level.
- Ganton, Los Santos - Underneath bridge that connects Ganton and East Los Santos
- East Beach, Los Santos - On top of building along uphill road that goes to Los Flores
- Angel Pine, Whetstone - Behind trailer in trailer park
- Doherty, San Fierro - Spawns at your garage after getting all 50 Photo Opportunities
- Esplanade North, San Fierro - In Pier 69, behind building where pizza place is
- Verdant Meadows, Bone County - Inside a destroyed plane
- Redsands West, Las Venturas - Behind a dumpster in alley behind safehouse
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($500) after completing "Doberman"
|30 shots||$2000 for 90 rounds|
The SMG is definitely the most powerful of all the Submachine Guns, and it's the most accurate. One of the main problems is that it's quite expensive to refill your ammo, as well as not gaining the dual-wield ability at Hitman skill level like the other two guns.
- Jefferson, Los Santos - On roof of Jefferson Motel
- Las Colinas, Los Santos - On a deck
- Unity Station, Los Santos - Beside hedge in inner part of parking lot
- Montgomery, Red County - Near back door of burnt building
- Ocean Flats, San Fierro - In southeast section, in the back garden of a green house
- El Quebrados, Tierra Robada - In alley west of Pay N' Spray
- Starfish Casino, Las Venturas - In corner of floor in the carpark
- Come-A-Lot, Las Venturas - Almost enclosed in a wall
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Spawns outside entrance after collecting all 50 Horseshoes
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($2000) after completing "Doberman"