The Rifles in San Andreas are meant for medium to long distance shooting. They are some of the few weapons that do not have auto-aim, so you need some skill to accurately hit targets. There are only two Rifles in the game, which are Rifle and Sniper Rifle.
|1||$1000 for 20 rounds|
Only one shot is fired at a time with the Rifle, before CJ has to reload. The Rifle is a pretty good weapon, despite not having a scope attached. When aiming, auto-aim is not used and the player is free to aim at whatever they want. While it's not as powerful as the Sniper Rifle, it does shoot faster than it.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Near pool of house west of safehouse
- Back O Beyond, Flint County - On rock formation
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Near southwest corner of Corvin Stadium
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($1000) after completing "Body Harvest"
|1||$5000 for 10 rounds|
Only one shot is fired at a time with the Sniper Rifle, before CJ has to reload. This weapon is meant for long range, as the firing speed is slow. Since there is no auto-aim, accuracy is determined by skill. It is a lot easier to line up a headshot with this than with any other weapon in the game, due to the scope. It is quite expensive to refill ammo, so some might prefer the Rifle over this.
- Jefferson, Los Santos - On roof of County General Hospital (only accessible by flying)
- Vinewood, Los Santos - On deck with ramp leading to it inside a studio
- Mulholland, Los Santos - On balcony of house (near Body Armor)
- Unincorporated, San Fierro - End of winding dirt road, inside small shack next to a cropduster
- Downtown, San Fierro - On top of building next to Otto's Autos
- Doherty, San Fierro - Spawns in garage after getting all 50 Photo Opportunities
- Julius Thruway North, Las Venturas - On roof of little chapel near Las Venturas police HQ
- The Clown's Pocket, Las Venturas - On the casino's roof
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - On lower roof of casino
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($5000) after completing "Pier 69"