Assault Rifles are the epitome of the best, as they offer you the power, accuracy and firing speed of the other weapons. There are only two Assault Rifles in the game, which are the AK-47 and the M4.
|30 shots||$3500 for 120 rounds|
The AK-47 is one of the best guns in the game, offering a great deal of range, as well as good firing speed and accuracy. While it's not as strong as the M4, it is slightly cheaper than it.
- Ganton, Los Santos - Spawns in your house after spraying 100 Gang Tags
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Behind Roboi's Food Mart
- Vinewood, Los Santos - Behind westernmost movie studio
- Ocean Docks, Los Santos - In warehouse used in "Gray Imports" mission
- Blueberry, Red County - Around perimeter of FleischBerg factory
- Foster Valley, San Fierro - Behind big rock at large atrium
- Downtown, San Fierro - On helipad of SFPD HQ (not there if picked up during "Toreno's Last Flight")
- Bone County - Behind trailer park near Valle Ocultado and Las Payasadas
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - On roof of casino enclosed by two walls (need Jetpack or copter)
- Redsands West, Las Venturas - Surrounded by bushes in apartment complex east of safehouse
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($3500) after completing "Lure"
|50 shots||$4500 for 150 rounds|
The M4 is definitely one of the best weapons to use in the game. It offers more power and range over the AK-47, and the headshot range is definitely improved over the previous weapon. It is slightly more expensive than the AK-47, but the improvements over it still make it a viable weapon. The only problem with it is that it's not readily available until later on in the game.
- Los Santos Airport - Between striped ramps at the end of the runway
- Palisades, San Fierro - Behind house next to beach
- Area 69, Bone County - Behind staircase leading to control tower
- Pilgrim, Las Venturas - On roof of hotel
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Spawns in front after collecting all 50 Horseshoes
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($4500) after completing "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom"