Handguns are a staple of the Grand Theft Auto games, as they remain one of the most used guns in the game, from early on to the end (in case you run out of ammo for your better guns). Threre are only three types of Handguns in the game, which are the Pistol, Silenced 9mm, and the Desert Eagle.
|17 shots (34 at Hitman)||$200 for 30 rounds|
The Pistol is the most basic of Handguns, and it will be undoubtedly be your first gun in the game. Although the Pistol is rather weak compared to other guns, it is plentiful, as a lot of gang members will use one, as well as the basic cops. Getting Hitman skill level will grant you the ability to use two Pistols at once, giving you twice the firepower and ammo.
- Ganton, Los Santos - Corner of a wall in northwest corner in Grove Street
- Las Colinas, Los Santos - Beside a wall in an opening between two houses
- Willowfield, Los Santos - After "Nines and AK's," it's in Emmet's
- Santa Maria Beach - Beside a lifeguard post
- Garcia, San Fierro - In south of large alleyway behind Zero RC shop
- Tierra Robada, Las Venturas - Under stone support beam for railroad track
- Roca Escalante, Las Venturas - Inside the police station (you get a 2 star wanted level when picking it up)
- After completing "Doberman," it is available to buy at Ammu-Nation ($200)
|17 shots||$600 for 30 rounds|
The Silenced 9mm is an ideal weapon for situations that call for stealth, since as long as people don't see you firing it, they won't retaliate or cause a panic. It is pretty much similar to the Pistol, but more accurate. Of course, it fires a lot slower than the Pistol, so it's not useful in open gunfights. At the Hitman skill level, the player can move while shooting, while they can't aim while moving when you first start using it.
- Conference Center, Los Santos - On top of steps in southeast corner
- Blackfield, Las Venturas - Under walkway leading to Blackfield Stadium
- Available for purchase for $600 at Ammu-Nation after completing "Doberman"
- Given to you during "Ice Cold Killa," "Black Project," and "Vertical Bird" missions
|7 shots||$1200 for 15 rounds|
The Desert Eagle is definitely the most powerful Handgun in the game, capable of killing non-armored enemies in one shot at the Hitman skill level. One of the biggest downsides to the Desert Eagle, though, is that it's expensive to refill ammo at a Ammu-Nation. Also, its firing rate is slower than the Pistol, but slightly better than the Silenced 9mm.
- Playa Del Seville, Los Santos - Corner of wire fence that separates beach from docks
- Whetstone - Southwest corner of warehouse (the one with a cement truck in it) in junkyard
- Garcia, San Fierro - In an alley near Zero's RC shop; behind a wall next to the street in small enclosure in front of STW Books
- Bayside Marina, Tierra Robada - From Gant Bridge, go north to Bayside and take first right. Take first left and it's behind the third white house, in the corner of the wall
- Lil' Probe Inn, Bone County - Under middle solar panel in trailer park
- Available at Ammu-Nation for $1200 after completing "High Noon"