Shotguns are better up close and personal and lose power and accuracy once the distance gets farther away. Shotguns are equally as devastating to vehicles as with enemies. There are three kinds of Shotguns in the game, which are Shotgun, Sawn-Off Shotgun and Combat Shotgun.
|1 shot||$600 for 15 rounds|
The Shotgun can be a very powerful weapon, especially at close range. This gun is not as good against large groups of enemies, since you need to reload after every shot. If you enter a police car without a shotgun in that slot, then you will receive this one with 5 rounds in it.
- Can be gotten from killing fast food clerk during "Ryder" mission
- Inside the Los Santos Police Department
- Doherty, San Fierro - Southeast side of Solarin Industries
- Doherty, San Fierro - Spawns outside Doherty Garage after getting all 50 Photo Opportunies
- Pilson Intersection, Las Venturas - Right side of intersection, under overpass
- Valle Ocultado - On a dock, not too far from the Skimmer
|2 shots (4 shots at Hitman)||$800 for 12 rounds|
The Sawn-Off Shotgun is definitely one weapon to be reckoned with, as it can easily take out vehicles (especially at Hitman skill level). At the Hitman skill level, you gain the ability to wield two at once, which greatly increases the damage you can do. While the weapon is fast when firing, the reload time is pretty long, making it not too good when dealing with large groups.
- East Los Santos, Los Santos - On roof of The Pig Pen
- Ganton, Los Santos - Inside your house after spraypainting 100 Gang Tags
- Ocean Docks, Los Santos - Inside a train trailer; You need a car to act as a bridge between the platform and boxcar
- Vinewood, Los Santos - Between two studios
- Palomino Creek, Red County - Behind wall opposite of Jazz Mags
- Whitewood Estates, Las Venturas - Behind Sindacco Abattoir
- Redsands West, Las Venturas - Behind dumpster in alley south of Xoomer gas station near Bandits Stadium
- Las Venturas Airport, Las Venturas - Atop a building south of curvy road leading into airport
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($800) after completing "Wrong Side of the Tracks"
|7 shots||$1000 for 10 rounds|
The Combat Shotgun is about as powerful as the Sawn-Off, but the benefit of having a 7 shot clip makes it so you do not have to reload after every shot. This weapon is definitely a lot better against groups than the other shotguns.
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Spawns outside casino after collecting all 50 Horseshoes
- LVA Freight Depot, Las Venturas - Hidden in bushes northeast of building with yellow diamond-shaped signs
- Inside Area 69
- Inside Big Smoke's crack palace (only during "End of the Line")
- Available at Ammu-Nation ($1000) after completing "You've Had Your Chips"