The Melee weapon slot offers the most choices out of all the slots, with a total of 8 different weapons from which you can choose. While Melee weapons offer a slightly longer reach than fists and are more powerful, they still lack against firearms.
The Baseball Bat is pretty average for a melee weapon, as the weapon is pretty slow when swinging it. There are better melee weapons out there to use, but one of the best things about the Baseball Bat is its availability, since a lot of gang members or even civilians will be yielding this. Big Smoke uses a wooden bat during the beginning missions, while the actual bat you can use is metal.
- Garcia, San Fierro - At north baseball diamond in park west of Zero RC shop.
- Redsands West, Las Venturas - In Las Venturas Bandits Stadium, at the southwest part of the field.
- Blackfield, Las Venturas - On lower level near the south end of walkway at north part of Blackfield Stadium.
The Chainsaw is one of the better melee weapons in the game, offering a certain brute force that no other can offer, as well as good attack speed. When you get a target knocked over, you almost certainly have a surefire kill. There are two different attacks with the Chainsaw; one which stabs the enemy, and the other swings the Chainsaw.
- Ocean Docks, Los Santos - Beside a staircase near southernmost bridge
- Willowfield, Los Santos - Near a pile of coal near a small cabin
- The Panopticon, Red County - Brown rectangle on radar, east of Panopticon
- Red County - In a farm between Blueberry and Montgomery
- Flint County - In Helena Wankstein's storage shed after you start dating her
- Avispa Country Club, San Fierro - Inside tennis courts
- Doherty, San Fierro - On top of a collapsed building in construction site next to CJ's garage
- Hunter Quarry, Bone County - On one of the orange structures to the east
The Golf Club is similar to the Baseball Bat, but has a slightly faster swing to it. Of course, it suffers the glaring weakness against groups of enemies. You will sometimes find golfers on the golf course, which will yield a Golf Club upon killing them. The Golf Club seems to offer a slightly longer reach than other melee weapons.
- Mulholland, Los Santos - Base of the broadcasting tower behind Vinewood sign
- Angel Pine, Whetstone - Inside garage on southwest side
- Avispa Country Club, San Fierro - Behind entrance to club building
- Yellow Bell Golf Course, Las Venturas - On top of overhang behind main building
The Katana is arguably the best melee weapon in the game, up there with the Chainsaw. It has good power, reach and attack speed. It is also the only melee that can kill an enemy in one hit, with a decapitation attack (the Knife can kill in one hit, too, but only from stealth). Once you get one, you should always keep it, only switching to a Chainsaw if you want.
- El Corona, Los Santos - Behind wooden fence east of El Corona 24/7 and 8-Ball Autos
- Chinatown, San Fierro - In dead-end alley directly southof safehouse
- Hashbury, San Fierro - In pedestrian tunnel behind Hippy Shopper
- El Quebrados, Tierra Robada - Behind small building in trailer park in north part of El Quebrados
- Pirates in Men's Pants, Las Venturas - At south part of the pirate ship
- Pilgrim, Las Venturas - Behind stone lions just north of Cluckin' Bell
- Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - Southeast corner of casino area, hidden amongst some bushes and trees
The Knife is very similar to the Katana, in that, it offers good attacking power and speed, but it differs in that the reach on the Knife is short. That means if you're in a melee battle, you will need to be much closer to the enemy. One advantage to the Knife is that it can be used for stealth kills, which is a slight variation instead of using your fists.
- Market, Los Santos - Behind the hospital, in front of the loading bay
- Verdant Meadows, Bone County - Southwest of the landing strip on the snake farm
- Bone County - A block north of the Ammu-Nation, in a trailer park
The Nightstick is like a mirror image of the Baseball Bat, offering a slightly faster attack speed. One advantage to the Nightstick is that you can run a lot faster with it than other melee weapons. Pretty much every cop in the game will drop one when you kill him, so it is highly accessible because of that. There are better melee weapons, but the Nightstick is still a pretty good weapon despite of that.
- Pershing Square, Los Santos - Inside police station
- Vinewood, Los Santos - Inside a small structure at InterGlobal Studios
- Dillimore, Red County - Inside police station
- Doherty, San Fierro - On ramp leading to overpass spanning highway leading to Whetstone and Flint County
- Roca Escalante, Las Venturas - Behind police department sign near impound lot of police station
- Roca Escalante, Las Venturas - Inside police station
The Pool Cue is both a weapon and a tool, since you can play pool in bars around San Andreas. It seems to have the longest reach out of any of the melee weapons, but the attack power is pretty average compared to other weapons. You are able to get a free Pool Cue by going intoany bar and playing a game of pool.
- Ten Green Bottles in Los Santos - Play a game of pool
- Blueberry, Red County - East of the Well-Stacked Pizza, in front of a small restaurant. From the entrance, go east past the four-way intersection and to the next one (three-way). The small restaurant is at the northeast part of this 3-way intersection
- Misty's bar in San Fierro - Play a game of pool
- Doherty, San Fierro - Underneath a fallen part of the building on the west side of the construction site north of Doherty Garage
- Lil' Probe Inn in Bone County - Play a game of pool
- The Craw Bar in Las Venturas - Play a game of pool
- Rockshore East, Las Venturas - It's by a dumpster in the middle of the industrial complex at Rockshore East
The Shovel is a pretty good melee weapon, but it suffers from poor attack speed, so it's not ideal if fighting more than one person. Since the Shovel is heavier than most weapons, attacking with it once with knock the enemy down to the ground. There are definitely better weapons to use, but it's not a bad weapon to rely on if you're in a pinch.
- Ganton, Los Santos - In Ryder's backyard
- The Panopticon, Red County - Under overhang of one of dingy shacks in central part
- Fern Ridge, Red County - By makeshift graves just to the west of the save point
- Palomino Creek, Red County - Inside graveyard in southwest corner
- Whetstone - By a pile of coal on east side of Angel Pine Junkyard
- Ocean Flats, San Fierro - In front of a beige and white house facing the beach
- Hunter Quarry, Bone County - Near one of the crates just west of the rock crushing machines at the bottom
- Prickle Pine, Las Venturas - In the northeastern part of the tennis courts for the apartments in northeast section
- Redsands West, Las Venturas - In east dugout at stadium
- Pirates in Men's Pants, Las Venturas - Hidden in bushes just south of the large skull at north part of the lagoon