Not Enough Items (NEI) for Minecraft 1.8.1, 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4 and 1.5.2 is a successor to both Too Many Items and Recipe Book. It arose around the same time as Craft Guide when Alexandria and a few others on the IRC suggested that I merge both Too Many Items and Recipe Book to remove their greatest flaws, ironically too many items, or in the case of recipe book, too many recipies. Too Many Items was great, but the one thing it lacked was an easy way to search and sort your items. When you had a mod like Red Power coming along with 10000 items both TMI and Recipe Book were racking up the pages. Even if you don’t want to use NEI for cheating in items, you will likely feel right at home with the Recipe component of the mod.
Not Enough Items Main Features
- Unlike Too Many Items, you now have the ability to search for specific items in your options bar.
- This mod features complete SMP server support, so you can now use it on multiplayer.
- Not Enough Items even features an enchantment section, not to mention the attainable and placeable mob spawners.
- A heal button and the option to edit configuration files makes this mod a MUST HAVE!
While Minecraft Forge is not required if it isn’t installed you won’t be able to see mobs in mobspawner items.
- Install FML + OR Minecraft Forge + into the jar.
- Download and place the CodeChickenCore jar file into the coremods folder.
- Place the NEI jar file into the coremods folder.
- Place any modules’ zip files in the mods folder.