Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders mod for Minecraft 1.8.1, 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.4, 1.7.2, 1.6.4 and 1.5.2 is a “mod of a mod” (original mod created by daxnitro: GLSL Shaders Mod) which adds a deferred shading pipeline to Minecraft's rendering system which allows for custom shaders to be used with Minecraft. The mod is currently developed by Sonic Ether.
Setup for Minecraft 1.8.1, 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.4, 1.7.2, 1.6.4 and 1.5.2
The Shaders Mod requires a bit of configuration and knowledge to use properly. This mod is used to power "shaderpacks" and is useless without them. Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders is the only officially supported shaderpack because it is developed in tandem with the Shaders Mod itself. Most, if not all, other shaderpacks out there are derived from my work. Use SEUS if you want the newest and most efficient shader technology. To use a shaderpack, follow these instructions.
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder (google is your friend if you don't know how to do this).
- Create a new folder called shaderpacks (without capital letters).
- Place the shaderpacks that you have downloaded and wish to use in this directory.
- Valid shaderpacks include .fsh and .vsh files that the Shaders Mod reads to tell your GPU what to do during runtime. These files must be in a folder named shaders within any shaderpack. Shaderpacks may either be uncompressed folders or .zip files.
- In Minecraft, go to Options > Shaders. Here you will see a list of your currently installed shaderpacks. Select a shaderpack by clicking on it.
- In Options > Shaders, enable "New block breaking", disable "Cloud Shadow", and set "Tex Min" to "Nearest-Nearest" for mipmapping.