|Days to Rot||10||10|
Red Mushrooms have a highly toxic effect and lower health by 20 points when eaten. When cooked, they instead give a very slight health boost but unlike Blue Mushrooms, there's no effective way of offsetting the damage since eating the cooked version has a damaging effect on your sanity. The only way for these mushrooms to be of any benefit is when either eaten with other foods or when used in a Crock Pot recipe unless you use them to poison your enemies. Since they are highly damaging, you can leave them in areas where creatures might eat them (such as Gobblers or Werepigs) and they'll take damage from eating them.