Riven - the Exile
Primary: Fighter / Secondary: Assassin
In Noxus, any citizen may rise to power regardless of race, gender, or social standing - strength is all that matters. It was with committed faith in this ideal that Riven strove to greatness. She showed early potential as a soldier, forcing herself to master the weight of a long sword when she was barely its height. She was ruthless and efficient as a warrior, but her true strength lay in her conviction. She entered battles without any trace of doubt in her mind: no ethical pause, no fear of death. Riven became a leader amongst her peers, poster child of the Noxian spirit. So exceptional was her passion that the High Command recognized her with a black stone rune sword forged and enchanted with Noxian sorcery. The weapon was heavier than a kite shield and nearly as broad - perfectly suited to her tastes. Soon after, she was deployed to Ionia as part of the Noxian invasion.
Cost: 4800 IP or 880 RP
|Base Value||Per Level|
★ Champion Spotlight
|☆ Broken Wings (Q) ☆|
|Riven lashes out in a series of strikes. This ability can be reactivated three times in a short time frame with the third hit knocking back nearby enemies.|
|Effects||Riven strikes out in front of her in a short line. This ability may be reactivated 2 additional times.|
|1st and 2nd Use||Slashes forward, dealing 30/55/80/105/130 (+70% bonus Attack Damage) physical damage to all units she comes in contact with.|
|3rd Use||Leaps forward and slams the ground dealing 30/55/80/105/130 (+70% bonus Attack Damage) physical damage and knocking nearby enemies up. This leap can cross unpathable terrain.Riven will target the unit your cursor is hovering over, or if no targets are present, Riven will simply strike the direction she is currently facing.|
|☆ Ki Burst (W) ☆|
|Riven emits a Ki burst, damaging and stunning nearby enemies.|
|Physical Damage||50/80/110/140/170 (+100% bonus Attack Damage)|
|☆ Valor (E) ☆|
|Riven steps forward a short distance and blocks incoming damage.|
|Shield||70/100/130/160/190 (+100% bonus Attack Damage) for 2.5 seconds|
|☆ Blade of the Exile (R) ☆|
|Riven empowers her keepsake weapon with energy and gains attack damage and range. Additionally, during this time, she gains the ability to use Wind Slash, a powerful ranged attack, once.|
|Effects||Riven's weapon surges with spiritual energy for 15 seconds, granting her 20% extra Attack Damage (+20% bonus Attack Damage), increased range on her damaging spells and attacks, and the ability to use Wind Slash once.|
|Wind Slash||Riven fires a shockwave that deals from 80/120/160 (+60% bonus Attack Damage) to 240/360/480 (+180% bonus Attack Damage) physical damage to all enemies hit, increasing based on how much health they are missing.|
★ Passive Ability
|☆ Runic Blade ☆|
|Riven's abilities charge her blade, causing her basic attacks to deal bonus physical damage. Riven's blade may be charged up to three times and expends one charge per attack.|
★ General Strategy
✔ Playing as
- Riven's Broken Wings locks onto the champion your cursor is over at the time of cast. If you want to move past your opponent, make sure that your cursor is past your opponent as well.
- Riven lacks a source of healing or strong defense and must compensate with burst combos. Lead into fights with Broken Wings and Ki Burst, while using Valor to escape and absorb counter-harass.
✗ Playing against
- Riven has a great deal of mobility but she cannot move very far with any one skill. Rooting or Silencing her during her combo will greatly reduce her effectiveness.
- All of Riven's damage is physical, prioritize high armor if an opposing Riven gets out of control.
- Riven excels at dueling multiple melee attackers at once, as she will be on an almost equal footing damage-wise. If pairing up against Riven, don't go in as double melee until she has expended her full combo.
| || || |
Crimson Elite Riven (520 RP)
Redeemed Riven (975 RP)
Battle Bunny Riven (975 RP)
Championshop Riven (LIMITED)