Weapons and items are constantly autosaved as you play Borderlands 2. If you drop a weapon, and quickly exit the game you’ll still have the weapon in your inventory when you reload.
Knowing this, when you trade or drop weapons and your friend picks them up, if you exit out of the game right away, it won’t have a chance to save. When you and your friend reload, you’ll both have the weapon.
Make sure before you attempt either of these methods that your weapons and money have been through an autosave. Start an online game with a friend to use this glitch. Remember, you can’t be the host.
Method #1: Weapon Dropping
- Simply drop your weapon on the ground.
- Let your friend pick the weapon up.
- Just as your friend picks the weapon up, exit the game.
Method #2: Trading
- Trade with your friend. You can trade weapons or money, both will work.
- Give your friend all of your cash.
- Accept the trade.
- Just as the trade completes, quickly exit the game.
- When you reload your game, you’ll see that you haven’t lost any money or weapons. Repeat the process. Congratulations! You have infinite money.