The class name of "Mechromancer" is clearly a nod to the common Necromancer classes or abilities in many RPG games. It is also interesting that her action ability is similar to summoning. She summons a robot called "Deathtrap" which is very similar to the Void Walker, a creature that could be summoned by Warlocks in World of Warcraft.
- The skill "Sharing is Caring" has a description under "Next Level" of "Thousands of Candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened". This is a quote attributed to Buddha.
- The Skill tree Little Big Trouble may be a reference to Little Big Planet on the PS3.
- The skill Make it Sparkle in the Little Big Trouble Tree has a quote saying "Robots are like vampire: They sparkle when hit with incendiary rounds." This is a joke on Twilight in which vampires sparkle in day light.
- The Strength of Five Gorillas skill is a reference to a line from the movie Sealab 2021 in which they are talking about the strength of robots.
- The quote from the skill Shock and AAAGGGGHHH! which reads "The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right." is a quote from Mark Twain who is known for his skill with insults.
- The Skill "Evil Enchantress" may be a reference to many things. It could be a stab at classic Dungeons and Dragons and Evil Enchantress archetype or it could be a direct reference to the show "Charmed" where the Evil Enchantress was a witch capable of controlling the elements. Lastly, it could also be a refence to the Evil Enchantress song in My Little Pony.